Saturday, September 23, 2017


    ….and here

Have I , thy schoolmaster, made thee more profit

Than other princess' can, that have more time

For vainer hours, and tutors not so careful.

-Prospero



The Tempest                                        Act 1, Scene ii, Line 72



This is Prospero explaining to his daughter, Miranda, about their situation on the island. He’s giving her the backstory which is, of course, for the sake of the audience. One would have thought that since they’ve been stuck together on the island, just the two of them, for twelve years that they might have previously broached this subject. But apparently not. Anyway, all he’s saying is that he has been her teacher and that he’s done a good job at it. It’s part of a longer tale of how they got to the island. Again, backstory.

Since Prospero was bragging about what a great teacher he was, I thought I'd show you a picture of my MAT diploma and brag that I'm at least qualified to teach (even if I'm not teaching). But I couldn't find the darn diploma, so here's a picture of the cowl (is that the right word?) that I got when I got my masters. I'll have to ask my wife where the diploma is. She'll know.



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...