Tuesday, April 30, 2019


An if my father please, I am content.

-Margaret
                                   
King Henry The Sixth Part I              Act V, Scene iii Line 127


I think that this is the first time we see Margaret, she who is to become Henry’s wife and play an important role in Parts II and III. The Earl of Suffolk has just come upon her in his battles in France and is bewitched by her beauty. He’s decided that it would be a good idea to bring her back to England to become King Henry’s queen (though it would appear that the Earl has some personal designs in mind for her himself). He proposes this idea to Margaret and today's Totally Random line is her response.
Well that was easy.

So Margaret appears to be an example of a child (well, a grown child) who's not going to do anything unless her father says it's okay. I guess we could contrast this with the father in the previous blog post (me) who was bidding my ears a little while be deaf because I felt that my child wasn't exactly doing what I wanted him to. So would I want to trade my kid for Margaret? No, not really. He's a good guy no matter what.

No, not exactly a current pic. But that's him, an his father is pleased with this picture.



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...