Monday, August 7, 2017


Villainous Whore!

-Iago



Othello                              Act V, Scene ii, Line 230



Yes, this is our buddy Iago. And he’s talking to/about his wife, no less. This is very near the end of the play. His wife has just told Othello that it was Iago who gave the damn hanky to Cassio, and the whole plot is unraveling as everyone is realizing (finally!) that Iago is the rat. Iago will follow this line up by stabbing his wife and then taking off. Oh, he’s a beaut all right. What else is there to say about this line and this guy?

Iago's line today got me to realizing that it's just about always the less virtuous of us who are the ones to be calling other people names. And I was tempted to put the picture of the Name Caller in Chief. But then I realized that would make me no better. So I give you a blank pallet, and I leave today's picture up to you.



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...