Monday, January 20, 2020


                        but know, thou noble youth,

The serpent that did sting thy father’s life

Now wears his crown.



-Ghost



Hamlet                                          Act I, scene v, line 93





“You should write a book and call it How To Do Everything Not Now.” That’s what Patrice told me earlier today. I can’t remember what it was exactly that I hadn’t done that she was referring to, but I wrote it down because I didn’t want to forget it. How To Do Everything Not Now. That’s a great title, isn’t it? I do, in fact, tend to procrastinate, so maybe I should write that book. 
But for now it’s a perfect segue into today’s Totally Random line. Here is Hamlet finding out from the ghost of his father exactly what happened. Hamlet learns that Uncle Claudius murdered his father, stole the crown, and quickly married the queen, Hamlet’s mother. And what does Hamlet do with this news? Confront his mother and Claudius? Challenge Claudius to a duel? Plot a scheme to overthrow Claudius? How about.......nothing? Yes, nothing. Oh he thinks about it, and moans about it, and soliloquizes about it. But basically Hamlet could’ve written the book How To Do Everything Not Now. So I guess Hamlet and I are more alike than I ever could have dreamed. Who knew? 

Is it Pete, or is it Hamlet? I guess we'll never know.

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

First chapter: "Hurry Up and Wait"
Second chapter: "A Cup of Tea First"

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know. Let me think about that.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...