Sunday, January 23, 2022

 

Your date is better in your pie and in your porridge than in your cheek: and your virginity, your old virginity, is like one of our French wither’d pears,- it looks ill, it eats dryly; marry, ‘tis a wither’d pear; it was formerly better; marry, yet, ‘tis a wither’d pear; will you anything with it?

-Parolles

All’s Well That Ends Well             Act I, Scene i, Line 164

 

So we’re at the very beginning of the play. Parolles is the pal of Bertram. He’s talking to Helena, and the latter is very sweet on Bertram, though I’m not sure yet if Parolles is aware of that. They’re having a discussion about virginity, and Parolles is saying, well, you can see what he’s saying. If nothing else, at least he’s being honest about what he thinks.


Rather than give you a discussion of virginity, a subject I am not very qualified to speak on, I'll give you a picture explaining why I didn't post in the last two weeks. I was hanging out with these guys and their wifi is not very good. As a side note, I don' think they care too much about virginity. But then again, what do I know?


 

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...