Wednesday, July 26, 2017


Ay, forsooth; and then you may come and see the picture, she says, that you wot of;--Master Ford, her husband, will be from home.


-Mistress Quickly



The Merry Wives Of Windsor          Act II, Scene ii, Line 87



Okay, another play I don’t know much of anything about. But I do like the name: Mistress Quickly. And for the record, ‘wot’ means ‘know’. I looked it up. ‘Come and see the picture that you know of’, is what Mistress Quickly is saying. Apparently she’s telling Falstaff that Mistress Ford wants him to come around to see the picture when her husband won’t be around. And of course our good friend Falstaff shows every sign that he’ll do just that. Sounds like it might be an interesting play, doesn’t it? Maybe I should read/listen to it sometime.
You know what this is, don't you? It's a picture of Pete's merry wife at Windsor; Windsor Castle, that is. So I don't really know anything about The Merry Wives Of Windsor, but I do know something about this merry wife at Windsor. How about that.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...