Monday, July 24, 2017


Sir, he hath never fed of the dainties that are bred in a book;


-Sir Nathaniel



Love’s Labours Lost                   Act IV, Scene ii, Line 24


Today; no context. I don’t know this play, but it seems pretty easy to see that Sir Nathaniel is saying that whoever they’re talking about has never had the pleasure to read a book. Okay, maybe a little context (though I don’t really think it’s needed; I was just curious). I went back to take a look and it seems that they might be talking about a deer. Which still makes sense because, as far as I know, there aren’t too many deer out there who’ve read a book.

How 'bout this guy? Do you think he's ever read a book? Yeah, probably not. Looks like he's saying 'Who, me?' 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...