Sunday, January 8, 2017


The veins unfill’d, our blood is cold, and then
We pout upon the morning, are unapt
To give or to forgive; but when we’ve stuft
These pipes and these conveyances of our blood
With wine and feeding, we have suppler souls
Than in our priest-like fasts;

Menenius Agrippa

Coriolanus          Act V, scene i     Line 52
This is our old friend Menenius and, oh boy, Menenius is saying that he thinks that if he catches Coriolanus on a full stomach and a belly full of wine that he’ll have a better chance of having Coriolanus listen to him and that he’ll be able to talk the General into not sacking Rome. I’m not sure what Menenius has been smoking, but it just don’t work that easy with Coriolanus. You should have seen Ralph Finnes portrayal of the General. If you had, you would know what a mistake Menenius is making. Yes, the way to a man’s heart may be through his stomach. Sometimes. Not this time.
I'm not sure it's this time either. Yes, that's me, but I have no idea what the heck that is that I'm trying to get into my stomach.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...