Friday, October 19, 2018


The tyrannous and bloody act is done,-
The most arch deed of piteous massacre
That ever yet this land was guilty of.

-Sir James Tyrrel
                                   
Richard The Third                              Act IV, Scene iii, Line 1


Well this line has certainly piqued my interest. How about you? I mean, that is a pretty strong statement. 'That ever yet this land was guilty of'? That's saying a lot. And who is this Tyrrel guy anyway?

So here's the thing: I have a basic familiarity with this play, but I don't know all the details. I know that Richard was not a very nice guy and that he was probably responsible for the death of his two nephews, but I think that happens early on, if not at the end of Henry VI Part III. So I don't think that's what this is referring to. I could be wrong about that. In any case, I didn't read on this morning. I stopped right here with these three lines to write this post. Now I suppose I'll be going back to the book to see what this tyrannous,  bloody act is. However, I've decided to let this post sit where it is for today. Nope, not gonna tell you what the act is. As of right now, I don't know what it is. So you're on your own. 

Maybe I'll post the results of my further reading tomorrow. Or maybe not.
 

Okay, if you don't know what the tyrannous act is, do you know where these guys are standing? Maybe I'll tell you that tomorrow too.






No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...