Wednesday, November 6, 2019


Good Sir John, I sue for yours: not to charge you; for I must let you understand I think myself in better plight for a lender than you are: the which hath something embolden’d me to this unseason’d intrusion; for they say, if money go before, all ways do lie open.



-Ford



The Merry Wives Of Windsor        Act II, scene ii, line 167



Do they really say that, the last part there? If money do go before, all ways do lie open. What do you think of that? I’ve never heard it put quite like that. They do say that anything can be bought. They say it’s all about the Benjamins, and money makes the world go round. And there’s probably a lot of other money expressions. But the one in today’s Totally Random line is pretty good. In fact, I think this one is worth us trying to get it into the vernacular. 
        They say, if money go before, all ways do lie open. 
Yeah, we’ll try to work that one in at least once today. You should try too.


This is a picture of the first dollar I ever made from writing. Actually, it's the only dollar I ever made from writing. So this goes completely against today's line. Writing is important to me and I'm going to try to do a second book. And money? Well maybe that will come. Maybe it won't. What do you think of that?

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...