Saturday, February 27, 2021

 

It is a peerless kinsman.

 

-Duncan

Macbeth             Act I, Scene iv, Line 58

 

Here’s a hot one. Duncan the king is talking about Macbeth, and he calls him a peerless kinsman. Peerless. Indeed? Well, we all know that this peerless kinsman is going to murder Duncan a few scenes down the road. Again, peerless indeed.

So, what do we call this? Foreshadowing? Nah. Irony? I don’t think so. There’s a word for it, but I’m not sure what it is. Let me know if you think of it.



Okay, talk about irrelevant. Here's a pic of the entrance to Tomorrow Land in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with todays post, but I couldn't think of anything, and I like this picture. Also, speaking of something that's got nothing to do with today's post, here's a listing of top 25 Shakespeare blogs that we're now on. Woot, woot. 



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...