Wednesday, April 21, 2021

 

You have prevail’d: I will depart in quiet,

And, in despite of mirth, mean to be merry. 

 

-Antipholus of Ephesus

 

The Comedy Of Errors          Act III, Scene i, Line 36

 

Okay, how about a little context. In this scene Antipholus and Dromio, both of Ephesus, are trying to gain entry to their home, but Dromio of Syracuse is on the other side of the door and refusing to let them in. They are accompanied by Balthazar the merchant and Angelo the goldsmith. Antipholus is pretty worked up, and he’s ready to break the door down. Balthazar tells him to be patient because if he breaks the door down it will cause a scene that the whole town will know about, and it will be a slander upon Antipholus that he will never live down. Today’s line is Antipholus agreeing with Balthazar.  And that’s about all I've got for this one.


 
Well, I haven't posted for a bit, and the reason is that I was away. Since I couldn't find anything better for today's pic I thought I'd share a pic from where I was for the past eight days.


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...