Thursday, May 25, 2017



For testimony whereof, one in the prison,
That should by private order else have died,
I have reserved alive.
-Provost
Measure For Measure                         Act V, Scene i, Line 462

I’m not sure, but I think that the Provost is telling the Duke that he’s got some guy in prison who’s going to be able to back up his story. ‘And who’s this guy’, asks the Duke. Well the answer to that is Tuesday’s Totally Random line that we didn’t get to post.



His name is Barnardine, answers Provost.

All right then. I’ve stuck to the most current plan and I’ve been drawing Totally Random lines exclusively from Measure For Measure. But the week’s gotten away from me, not enough hours in the day if you know what I mean, and I haven’t been able to get around to reading/listening to more than the first act of the play. Not only that, but I’ve not posted since Monday. Add to this the fact that doing it this way is just as, if not more, confusing than going Totally Random, and oh boy!  



So now I'm feeling all confused, and I’m not sure what to do. I wish I had this guy Barnardine to back me up.

That's Barnardine? No, I don't think so. Well...I dunno... maybe?






1 comment:

Mrs Blue said...

Do your best and keep going.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...