Saturday, May 13, 2017




 Well gentlemen,

I am thus resolved: on Sunday next you know
My daughter Katharina is to be married:
Now, on the Sunday following, shall Bianca
Be bride to you, if you this assurance;
If not, Signior Gromio:
And so, I take my leave, and thank you both.
Adieu, good neighbor.



 -Baptista


The Taming Of The Shrew                  Act II, Scene i, Line 406



 
Well, we have a perfectly appropriate line for the day. This is Baptista talking about the marriages of his two daughters. And I am in Tennessee for the weekend with my two married daughters and we will be celebrating the recent marriage of the younger one tomorrow. Now, how random is that?
Now my situation is certainly different than Signior Baptista’s. He is dealing with figuring out how to get his two daughters married. My two took care of their own marriages. He has got one daughter who is a bit of a handful and has to get her married first and I…um,…
Well the one who used to be a bit of a handful one did get married first, but she took care of it on her own. And she’s not a handful anymore. Come to think of it, Katharina didn’t end up being a handful in the end either, did she? And I also wasn’t wheeling and dealing on the second younger one. She took care of it on her own too.
But I think the random thing still is pretty uncanny. Don’t you?



 This is the house where both my daughters live. But as I've told you before, neither one is a Katharina or a Bianca. They're both Cordelias.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...