Sunday, September 22, 2019


Thy mother’s of my generation: what’s she, if I be a dog?



-Apemantus



Timon Of Athens                          Act I, scene i, line 204 



Well we’ve got something here. Our last blog post on Monday was from the latter part of this same play. In that part of the play Timon had undergone the transformation to people-hating cynic and he's telling Apemantus (the people-hating cynic of act I, above) that he's no better than a dog. Now here we see where we started with Apemantus, being the people-hating cynic in Act I, calling someone a dog. Actually, today’s Totally Random line is Apemantus’s response when the Painter says to him Y’are a dog (kind of sounds like the Painter should be the Pirate, doesn't it?). In any case, we can see where Timon got the dog idea. I’d say that’s pretty darn, Totally Random. 


I suppose this dog eat dog thing would be pretty obvious to anyone studying, or perhaps just seeing, Timon Of Athens. But nonetheless, I think it’s kind of neat that we came up with it in Total Random fashion.


Comments?

That's right, I took the easy way out and went with another dog picture. Actually, these are prairie dogs, and those two on the left, well I'm not sure they qualify as dogs at all. However, one of them does qualify as a mother, so that works.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...