Wednesday, April 1, 2020


In such a night as this! O Regan, Goneril!



-Lear



King Lear                                Act III, scene iv, line 19



This is part of a longer piece, but today I’m just giving you this one line. It’s the cry of  a father who’s been turned out into the stormy night by his two daughters. If you stop to imagine it, this is a pretty rotten thing to have to endure. I can only imagine.

I guess my inclination is to be grateful for all that I have, especially with all that’s going on right now outside the four walls I call home. Very grateful.

They say it’s always good to stop and be thankful for what you have, because if you’re busy being grateful it’s harder to be mad, hurt, worried, whatever. So for now I’m grateful that I have a roof over my head; a comfortable home with people who love me. And I have two Cordelias; no Regans or Gonerils. I’m very grateful. Poor Lear.


My home. See what I mean? Very grateful.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...