Friday, May 1, 2020


O, he’s the very soul of bounty!



-Third Lord



Timon Of Athens                                 Act I, scene ii, line 213



This is the early part of the play where Timon has not run out of money yet, and he’s giving lavish gifts to everyone. So the Third Lord’s line is, I guess, pretty accurate. No sarcasm or anything like that going on here. No worries though, it’s all going to turn sour for Timon pretty soon and there'll be plenty of time for sarcasm, cynicism, and all that good stuff.

Yes, this is a different (very different!) Timon. I couldn't come up with any meaningful picture this morning, so I'm giving you this guy. He looks pretty optimistic, so he's fine for Act I; not so much for Act V. But that's for another day.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...