Thursday, June 25, 2020


O, could this kiss be printed in thy hand,
 [Kisses his hand.
That thou mightiest think upon these by     the seal,
Through whom a thousand sighs are breath’d for thee!

-Queen Margaret

King Henry The Sixth Part II             Act III, scene ii, line 345


This is Suffolk and Queen Margaret saying goodbye to each other after the former has just been banished by Henry. Now I don’t know all the particulars of this play and the other two Henry The Sixes, but I do know that Suffolk is a bit of a weasel. And I’m not sure exactly how close Suffolk and the Queen, have actually gotten, but I’m pretty sure it's been more than just a little bit. 
Remember the old Groucho Marx line when Margaret Dumont tells him to hold her closer, and Groucho replies ‘If I was any closer I’d be behind you.’ Well, I think Suffolk has been behind the Queen, if you know what I mean. 

I thought this was a pretty cool picture. In it I'm standing behind my shadow. Of course, if I turned to face the other direction my shadow would be behind me. Either way, may shadow and I are pretty close. You might say we're inter-connected. Now, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but I still think it's a cool picture.
 


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...