Thursday, November 4, 2021

 

Hail heaven!


-Guiderius

Cymbeline                                  Act III, Scene iii, Line 9


I’m not certain whether Guiderius is making a reference to the religious heaven, or a reference to the skies above, that is to say, nature. I guess, based on the context, it’s the latter, but it could also be one of Will’s double entendres.

Okay, looks like I’ve been misusing double entendre. According to MW online it means a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué. I wasn’t aware of that second, risqué part. I guess I’ll have to revisit my use of that phrase? Or can I just go with the fact that the second meaning is usually risqué, but not always risqué? Yeah, let’s just do that.


The heavens.


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...