Monday, November 1, 2021

 

Illo, ho, ho, my lord!

-Horatio

Hamlet                                    Act I, Scene v, Line 114

Illo, ho, ho is the falconer’s cry to recall the hawk. In this case, Horatio is the falconer and Hamlet is the hawk. What do you think of that?

Believe it or not, just as soon as I finished writing this short blog, I went upstairs and looked out the window and what did I see but a hawk perched atop the pine tree. I know, you can hardly see him, but he's there. This is on full pic-taking magnification on my iPhone. If you take a look at the next pic....

....this is the same pic without magnification. The two trees are the smaller ones in the middle of this picture. You can see that the hawk is pretty far away. I guess I could've opened the window and yelled Illo, ho, ho, but it just didn't seem like a very viable option. Anyway, the back yard looks good, doesn't it?


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...