Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 

But that her tender shame

Will not proclaim against her maiden loss,

How might she tongue me! Yet reason dares her no;

-Angelo

Measure For Measure                   Act IV, Scene iv, Line 26


Okay, I’ll give you some context today. Angelo was left in charge of the town whilst the Duke left for parts unknown. During that time Angelo has used his position to force Isabella to have sex with him. Now the Duke is returning, and Angelo is worrying that Isabella will rat on him. He concludes that she won’t, that reason dares her no. Is he right? I guess you’ll have to read the rest of the play to find out.


Well, what do you think, would we allow Angelo to sit on this bench? I rather think not. I think, at best, we might allow him to sit on the Group W bench. That's about it.


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...