Friday, December 1, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines


 

Most military sir, salutation.



Holofernes

Love’s Labour’s Lost                     Act V, Scene I,  Line 78

I have no idea what’s going on in this scene. Half of it’s in Latin. Yes, I saw this play a few years ago, but I think I told you then that I couldn’t understand much of what the actors were saying. I guess that Armando is some sort of military guy since today’s line is merely Holofernes addressing him.

I do know a little about this play, enough to know that it’s a comedy and has some scenes that are nothing more than comedic wordplay. Holofernes and Armando, the man Holofernes is addressing, are a schoolteacher and a fantastical Spaniard respectively. I’m not sure that’s helpful in any way, but it’s a tidbit of information that was easy to come up with.

Okay, so here's the thing with this picture. We were staying at a really nice resort a few miles south of Cadiz, Spain. We were having a real nice dinner there; you can see my associate and me chowing down. Well, this lady in the background was, obviously, at this same resort in this same really nice restaurant, and she just looked miserable. She was sitting at that table with a guy who you can't see in this picture. 
So (wait for it, here comes the relevance) I can't help but think that the fellow at that table couldn't have been much of a fantastical Spaniard for that woman to be so miserable. 
What do you think?

 

3 comments:

Squeaks said...

Woof. What a lost soul.

Pete Blagys said...

Hey, I just noticed something in the picture. It looks like each of Les Miserables at the other table had their own bottle of wine. Perhaps La Dame Trieste just had too much to drink?

Squeaks said...

Damn. They are hittin' the sauce hard.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...