Saturday, May 11, 2024

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

                O you are well  tuned now!

But I’ll set down the pegs that make this music,

As honest as I am.


Iago

Othello                    Act II, Scene i, Line 200

 

Iago is saying this line in an aside after watching Othello and Desdemona express their love and affection for each other. He’s letting the audience know that he’ll be making sure that this love and affection does not last.

I like that he ends his thought with as honest as I am. I’m familiar with the fact that honest Iago is a phrase oft repeated in this play, but I didn’t realize that even dishonest Iago says it. That’s kind of funny. 

I caught Mojo in a sunbeam this morning.
Now here's a guy who is always honest and straightforward with me. Yes sir, with Mojo it's what you see is what you get.



2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Iago...what a piece of work.

Pete Blagys said...

He is indeed a piece of work.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...