Thursday, June 1, 2017


So, thanks to all at once and to each one,

Whom we invite to see us crown’d at Scone.



-Malcolm



Macbeth                               Act IV, Scene viii, Line 75



And these are the last two lines of the play Macbeth. Traitorous, treacherous Macbeth is dead (see this post from last August) and Malcolm has the last words in this play. And of course, he ends it with a rhyming couplet. Well, it sort of rhymes. Maybe Scone does rhyme with one. I’m not familiar with this place, Scone. I know that the pastry doesn’t really rhyme with one, but maybe the place does.

In any event, it’s a pretty upbeat two lines for a very much downbeat play. They don’t call it a tragedy for nothing. But really, these lines seem like they could be from Mary Poppins, don't they? I guess Will wanted to send the theater goers home in a little bit better spirits than they otherwise might have been after watching two hours of murder and mayhem. Pretty thoughtful of him, eh?



And speaking of Mary Poppins, here's me with Mary and Bert. Well, okay, maybe not the real Mary and Bert, but the closest I'm gonna get. And no, they didn't say anything about any scones. Nice kids though.


2 comments:

Mrs Blue said...

You look terrified.

Pete Blagys said...

Actually, I was pretty excited to get my pic with Mary and Bert.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...