Wednesday, March 18, 2020


I say the earth did shake when I was born.

-Owen Glendower

King Henry The Fourth Part I               Act III, scene i, line 21


Glendower here is going to insist that the earth literally shook when he was born, and Hotspur’s going to argue with him. And in this scene it’s hard to tell which is the bigger fool.

I’ve learned that there are a lot of people out there like Glendower. They are convinced that they are right and they’re not going to back down NO MATTER WHAT. And do you want to know how I deal with this kind of person? I don’t. I walk away. I will not waste my time with this sort. 

Can you think of anyone who reminds you of Glendower? I can.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...