Saturday, July 18, 2020


Bedabbled with the dew, and torn with
briers;

-Hermia

A Midsummer Night’s Dream           Act III, scene ii, line 443

Okay, here’s the four rhyming lines

Never so weary, never so in woe;
            Bedabbled with the dew, and torn with briers;
I can no further crawl, no further go;
            My legs can keep no pace with my desires.

Forget about context today. I like the word ‘bedabbled’. How about you? I’ll see if I can’t find a picture of something bedabbled. It just means that it is wet from being dabbled. But of course, you knew that.

Now go out today and see if you can use the word bedabbled in your life. It's a legit word. Like me, it's archaic, but legit. 

Here you go, bedabbled. I believe this is a repeat picture, but too bad. Not only are these tomato cages bedabbled, they are bedabbled by the dew (or perhaps it was rain, I'm not sure; but bedabbled nonetheless).


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...