Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 

Slanders, sir: for the satirical rogue says here, that old men have gray beards; that their faces are wrinkled; their eyes purging thick amber and plum-tree gum; and that they have a plentiful lack of wit, together with most weak hams: all which, sir, though I most powerfully and potently believe, yet I hold it not honesty to have it thus set down; for yourself, sir, shall grow old as I am, if, like a crab, you could go backward.

 

-Hamlet

 

Hamlet                      Act II, Scene ii, Line 202

 

Here we have Hamlet talking to Polonius. So, is this a bunch of nonsense, or is it, as Polonius puts it 'Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.' Yes, I think probably it is the latter; there is method to Hamlet's madness, and to Will's lines in the play. So, would you care to tell me what that method is?

 

Well since Hamlet mentioned crabs, I just couldn't resist a picture of my favorite crab, the Sally Lightfoot. But don't ask me if these Lightfoots are walking forward or backwards, because I don't know.

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...