Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 

Hark! The land bids me tread no more upon’t,- 

 

-Mark Antony

Antony And Cleopatra                    Act III, Scene xi, Line 1

 

I’m not exactly sure what’s up here. It’s only act three and it looks like Antony giving up the ship. And I’m not sure if he’s talking about having to leave Egypt, or the ‘land’ refers to earth, as in he’s gotta end his life. It doesn't seem like it can be that, because there’s a lot more to go in this play.

Well, here’s the thing. I’ve read all of Antony and Cleopatra, but it’s been a while. Actually, I’m not sure there’s any one of theses plays that I can recount the whole sequence of events on, not even Merchant and I’m working on the re-write of that one right now. So it can take a while to get context and it always seems like I don’t have a while to spend on this stuff. Heck, even on the weekends I don’t seem to have the time, and today is Tuesday. Ooof. I guess that’s all I’ve got for today. Sorry.

  

I guess we could call this my bag 'o work. And there's another pile of this stuff on the table to my right. Lots of work to get done. Oh well, gotta pay the bills. Perhaps we could say, in reference to my blogging, that the bag 'o work bids me tread no more upon't. 
 I love when I can take an irrelevant picture and give it relevance. Don't you?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...