Saturday, July 10, 2021

 

More man? Plague, plague!

-Timon

Timon of Athens              Act IV, Scene iii, Line 197

 

Now there’s a line for you. Wait, that’s how I started yesterday’s post. But that’s okay; though I have a slightly different meaning in mind when I say that today than I did yesterday.

I guess it can’t be much clearer what Timon thinks of human company at this point. Plague, plague! Try to imagine yourself getting to a point in your life where another human walking into your presence makes you say plague, plague! Think about it. Really try to imagine yourself being that miserable.

Okay, c’mon back. Everything’s okay. The world’s not that bad (though, yeah, sometimes it might seem so). It’s not. Spend a moment or two with yesterday’s line. It’s much less depressing.  


Well I couldn't find any picture that seemed even remotely relevant to today's line, so I decided to give my new mug a second day in the sun, so to speak. Come to think of it, I suppose I could've used the Google to come up with an idea for the picture. Oh well.


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...