Wednesday, August 25, 2021

 

Naught rests for me, in this tumultuous strife,

But to make open proclamation:-

Come, officer; as loud as e’er thou canst.


-Mayor of London

 King Henry the Sixth Part I            Act I, Scene iii, Line 107


The Mayor of London has some fairly weighty powers. He’s reading the riot act (pretty much literally) to the Duke of Gloster and the Bishop of Winchester, two guys who are not exactly lightweights. And he’s doing it quite effectively. Yes sir, Mr. Mayor!


This little guy (an old pic; he's not so little any more) is going off to college today, and that's got me a little down in the dumps. Perhaps I need Mr. Mayor to read me the riot act and tell me to buck up!





No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...