Sunday, July 24, 2022

 


Madam, an hour before the worshipt sun

Peer’d forth the golden window of the east,

A troubled mind drave me to walk abroad;

 

-Benvolio

 

Romeo And Juliet                   Act I Scene i, Line 117

 

What a lovely couple of lines. Benvolio is talking about an hour before dawn. Does he say ‘an hour before dawn?’ Of course not. He says ‘an hour before the worshipt sun peer’d forth the golden window of the east.’ 

Ah Will, you never cease to amaze, and I hope you never do.  


I'm not sure whether this sun is peering forth the golden window of the east, west, north, or south. My associate and I were in a very northern clime in August and the sun was shining almost twenty-four hours a day, so I'm just not sure what time of day this is, or what direction the camera is facing. But it's a nice pic, eh?


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...