Thursday, July 23, 2026

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

So please your Grace, my ancient;

A man he is of honesty and trust:

To his conveyance I assign my wife,

With what else needful your good Grace shall think

To be sent after me.

 

Othello

Othello                         Act I, Scene iii, Line 124

 

Classic. This is Othello speaking to the Duke (your Grace) about Iago (my ancient).

I think I may have made this point before, but I’m going to make it again since it bears repeating, and since most of you probably missed that earlier post.

Point: If you read or see this play it is easy to come to the conclusion that Iago is so obviously rotten that it would be impossible for the other people in this play not to realize it. You might think that this play is unrealistic because of this fact. In some respects, I did.

Then came 2024, when half the country decided to put Iago in charge.

Now, all I can do is marvel, all the more, at the genius of William Shakespeare.



Who’s Iago, Mr. Blagys?

Never mind, Mojo; no one you need to worry about.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   So please your Grace, my ancient; A man he   is of honesty and trust: To his conveyance I assign my...