Tuesday, October 1, 2019


What! look upon my brother:--both your pardons,
That e’er I put between your holy looks
My ill suspicions.

-Leontes

The Winter’s Tale                        Act V, scene iii, line 148

Just for perspective, the last line of this play is 155 in this very scene; in other words, there’s 7 more lines in this play after today’s Totally Random line. So, what does that mean to us? I’m not sure. I don’t know the whole play and who’s who here. But I do know that the speaker, Leontes, started the whole mess of this play by falsely accusing his wife of having an affair with his friend. And then he tried to have his friend murdered, and he had his wife put in jail. In the beginning of this play he was a Gaddafi-level nut-job. And now he’s all ‘oh let’s just put this behind us.’ And that makes it a happy ending! What the…!?!?


 Okay, I couldn't find a relevant picture, so I put in a picture of a really cool tree. What can I say; I'm a tree nut.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...