Monday, October 25, 2021

 

By the white hand of my lady, he’s a gallant prince.

-Duke of Orleans

King Henry the Fifth              Act III, Scene i, Line 3

 

My initial reaction to this line was that it’s basically meaningless, overconfident prattle. It’s the French leaders talking on the eve of the Battle of Angicourt, and of course we know that they are going to have their butts kicked by the Brits at that battle. So, yeah, meaningless, overconfident prattle.

 

Sidebar (and speaking of meaningless): It was my idea from the beginning of this blog that it needed to have a picture included in the posts because no one would look at it unless it had a picture. Well, after more than five years of posting almost six hundred posts I’ve come to a couple conclusions. One is that almost no one looks at this post, so that whether or not the posts have pictures appears to be meaningless. Second is that the hardest part about creating posts is finding a pic for the post, so that if I didn’t include a pic I could post a whole lot more.

Now, those two conclusions might appear to be at odds with each other. You might say, ‘Well Pete, if practically no one is reading the post, then why should you care about increasing the number of posts?’ That’s a good question. That’s a really good question. I think the answer is twofold. For one thing, the number one person I’m trying to satisfy by posting is me. Me, myself, and I. So, if I like posting, then by posting more, well I’ll be making my number one writer/reader happy. And what’s more important than that. And B, I started this out as a Daily posting exercise. So I’d like to get back to that. And I still can’t but help to think that if I ever do get around to working on cultivating an audience, the fact that it’s daily will be helpful.

 

Ergo and henceforth, I’m going to try to go back to daily for a while. If I can come up with a pic or two along that well I’ll be sure to include them, but at the risk of those pics being meaningless I won’t limit myself to requiring them for my posts.

Comments?

And after all that meaningless prattle, what do I do? That's right, I include a picture. I don't know what's wrong with me, so don't ask. In any event, this is the new pair of shoes I bought yesterday. I guess I could say that I wanted to look like a 'gallant prince' to make the pic relevant to today's line, but that'd be a bit of a stretch, wouldn't it? Oh well.


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...