Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 

The more my fault

To scape his hands where I was like to die.


- Marina

Pericles                    Act IV, Scene ii, Line 74


This is a Marina’s response to the pimp, a woman, who has just said to Marina you have come into my hands where you are going to live well. Marina’s response is basically I’d be better off dead, which is a pretty strong statement. I would guess, though I obviously don’t know from experience, that there are many people in the world who are in this type of situation who may feel the same way. I count myself blessed that I’m not one of them.


Here's a pic taken in Ushuaia, Argentina. There's an old prison there, no longer in use, where they used to send people. It's pretty much at the end of the world. If you look at it on a map you'll see what I mean, and you might agree with me that some of those prisoners might have said 'I'd be better off dead.'

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...