Monday, January 1, 2024

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Be certain what you do, sir, lest your justice

Prove violence; in the which three great ones suffer,

Yourself, your queen, your son


Antigonus

The Winter’s Tale            Act II, Scene i,  Line 129


Leontes has just passed sentence on his innocent wife. Antigonus and some others are trying to talk sense into him. They will fail. Simple as that: they will fail. And they will also prove to be correct: Leontes, his wife, and his son will suffer. 
Shoulda listened. Well, it’s Jan 1, 2024. Or, as it could easily be seen, another day. The earth doesn’t care that it’s the first day of a new year because as far as the earth is concerned it’s just another day. Suppose I should use this time each day to journalize a bit. Perhaps see if each day I can journalize enough to come ‘round to something that’s relevant to Today’s Line. So, New Years. Do I need a resolution. If I do resolution, which I have indeed been thinking of doing, I should be certain of what I am doing- certain that I’m doing the right thing. Ahh, see, there you go. I’ve come ‘round to it already, haven’t I? Here’s another thing I decided to be certain about. When I got up this morning and came out to the living room and when I looked at Mojo’s bed it looked empty. I assumed that he was asleep under the blanket, but it didn’t really look like there was any lump there. But I assumed that he must be there. He is pretty small. Well anyway, after sitting here a while I decided that I needed to be certain that he was actually there. So I walked over closer to his bed, and I saw the blankets move just a little bit.
I'm certain that Mojo is there. 

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Is it more important to be certain that you're doing the "right" thing"? Or is it more important to just do "something"? What if you get so caught up in doing the "right" thing that you end up doing nothing at all?

Pete Blagys said...

Life is a balancing act, isn't it?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...