Tuesday, January 2, 2024

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

  

                            The time is troublesome.--

 

Cymbeline

Cymbeline                      Act IV, Scene iii, Line 21

 

Sometimes, when the line seems fit to it, I like to just apply it to my world and completely ignore the actual context. And this is definitely how I feel today. To me, the time is troublesome.

    I feel that the time is troublesome: the wars, the politics, the guns, the poverty.

    I feel that the time is troublesome: to be so fat, so thin, so stuck and stressing about retiring and so much else. Battleship wrecked on dry land. Am I that Battleship? Never mind that, forget the battleship. Life is sweet. That's the battleship's song. Listen to the song. Be grateful. And that is key. Be grateful.

Sometimes the words and the music put together can mean so much. Natalie Merchant – Life Is Sweet.


Meditate on this song. Wonderful, just wonderful. Hopefully it takes a little bit of trouble away.

Natalie Merchant - Life is Sweet Live (youtube.com)


 

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

I know the moral of this song is life is sweet, but it's a sad journey to the moral. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I don't know if I've heard it before.
Don't stress! Be mindful.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...