Wednesday, January 17, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Who, I, my lord? We know each other’s faces,

But for our hearts, he knows no more of mine

Than I of yours; nor I no more of his

Than you of mine.


Duke of Buckingham

Richard the Third        Act III, Scene iv, Line 13


I think they’re trying to decide about Richard’s coronation and the question is whether or not Richard is ready. They turn to Buckingham and ask him how Richard feels about the coronation and Today’s Totally Random Line is his reply. It’s basically a Sergeant Schultz reply: “I know nothing; nothing!” 

I guess you gotta be an old guy like me to get that reference.


(23) Sgt Schultz - I Know Nothing - YouTube

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

So basically "I know of you but I don't *know* you and vice versa"?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...