Thursday, June 13, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

There is no following her in this fierce vein:

Here therefore for a while I will remain.

So sorrow’s heaviness doth heavier grow

For debt that bankrout sleep doth sorrow owe;

Which now in some slight measure it will pay,

If for his tender here I make some stay.

                                        [Lies down and sleeps.]

 

Demetrius

A Midsummer Night’s Dream      Act III, Scene ii, Line 86

 

Well, we don’t need too much context other than that Hermia has just told Demetrius to buzz off and has, herself, left the scene. So Demetrius has decided to take a break from it all.

The first two lines are easy, the next four a little bit challenging. I think though, that he's basically saying he’ll feel better after a little rest; simple as that. 

Not a bad thought, if you ask me.

Well, for once this guy's not sleeping. 
He's not paying any attention to today's line either. 
I'm pretty sure he's just looking out into the morning sun wondering what kind of trouble he can get into today.


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   My poor body, madam, requires it: I am driven on by the flesh; and he must needs go that the devil driv...