Sunday, August 18, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

 Do me the common right

To let me see them, and to make me know

The nature of their crimes, that I may minister

To them accordingly.

 

Duke (disguised as a friar)

Measure For Measure           Act II, Scene iii, Line 6


The Duke, disguised as a friar, is talking to the fellow in charge of the prison. He’s asking him to let him, the Duke/Friar, see the prisoners so that he can tend to their spiritual needs.

Pretty simple, right? 



The only hard part about today’s line was posting it.  We had a power outage last night and my pc files got a little scrambled. 

It took our in-house IT guy close to an hour to get it straightened out. 


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...