Sunday, August 11, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines


You are keen, my lord, you are keen.


Ophelia

Hamlet                    Act III, Scene ii, Line 267


It’s Ophelia talking to Hamlet. One thing about this play is that there’s very little said that doesn’t have some hidden meaning. What’s the hidden meaning in Ophelia telling Hamlet that he’s sharp? I don’t know. It’s hidden.


No, no Mojo; you're not hidden. I can still see you. 

I was trying to teach him how to play hide and seek last summer, and he was having a hard time with the concept. Somehow, he thought that since he was sitting in my slipper that would count as being hidden. He's gotten a bit keener since then.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...