Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 

Here at the door; I pray you, let them in.

 -Iago

 Othello                                                Act II, Scene iii, Line 44

 Well, it’s Iago talking, and it appears that he’s anxious to have someone let in. So it’s pretty much assumed that whoever is at the door is wittingly or unwittingly a part of some Iagoish skullduggery. The one good thing about Iago is that you always know what you’re dealing with: a lying, manipulating, self-serving creep. The odd thing is that we realize this, but no one in the play does. Do you suppose that when they read the history books fifty years from now kids will be asking why so many people couldn’t see today’s Iago for who and what he was? I think I might have said this before.

 

 

I guess I gotta stop posting this picture of an orange. It's not fair to the orange.

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...