Wednesday, November 11, 2020

 

I say, a devil. Think’st thou, Hortensio, though her father be very rich, any man is so very a fool to be married to hell?

  

-Gremio

The Taming Of The Shrew                              Act I, Scene i, Line 125

So being married to Katharina, the titular shrew, would be akin to being married to hell. That’s a pretty strong statement, isn’t it? Gremio is not calling Katarina a devil. He’s saying that they don’t need to find a husband for her; they need to find a devil for her, because she is pure hell, and only a devil wants to be married to hell. So that’s nice. At least they’re not calling her the devil. They’re only calling her hell. Ahh lighten up; it’s a comedy.


 

 
This is my sock. I took it off and tossed it and it landed just like this and I thought it kind of looked like a little guy, maybe Spiderman, wearing a gray and striped ski hat. As usual, I couldn't think of anything for a pertinent pic for today's line, so I'm using this instead. I've been really wanting to use this pic because I like it a lot, and I'm not sure it would ever be pertinent. But it's still a good pic. What do you think?

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...