Tuesday, November 3, 2020

 

Sheathe your dagger:

 

-Marcus Brutus

Julius Caesar                          Act IV, Scene iii, Line 107

 

Well, today is election day. I was sitting upstairs combing through the news on my smartphone and getting more and more upset. So I decided to come down here to my office and try to escape into some of Will’s stuff. And today’s Totally Random line seems proper. Sheathe your dagger. Settle down. Let it all be.

I listened to the first half of this scene and it’s all about Cassius and Brutus getting into a really heated argument and yelling at each other. The fight culminates with Cassius taking out his dagger and offering to let Brutus cut his heart out. And then the tone softens as Brutus says Sheathe your dagger. After that they both calm down and kiss and make up. Well, there’s not actually any kissing, but you know what I mean.  

So, regarding the election, and the news and all, I need to sheathe my dagger. I guess it’s good advice for all of us. I’ll try.

 


Here's a good pic. That's Jess in the middle with her two friends Lizzy and Nell. They look pretty happy. No yelling or fighting; just smiles. The way it should be. 



  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...