Thursday, December 3, 2020

 

Who? God?

 -Lafeu

 All’s Well That Ends Well            Act II, Scene iii, Line 249

 This is Lafeu’s response to Parolles’s statement that whom I serve above is my master. Lafeu had referred to Bertram as Parolles’s lord and master. Parolles corrected him by clarifying that Bertam my be his lord, but the guy above is his master. And Lafeu responds, Who? God? To which Parolles says, Ay, sir.

Well? Thoughts?

 

I finished writing what I have above on this line, and I looked up from my desk in thought, and I saw a squirrel jumping from one tree to the next in this line of pine trees. On some days, sitting outside where I don't have to look through dirty cellar windows, I've seen a squirrel make it across the whole row of trees. It's quite interesting to watch. Unfortunately, this row of trees is scheduled to be cut down.  

What? you ask. These trees? 

Ay sir.
 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...