Friday, December 18, 2020

 

My curses on her!

 

-Lear

King Lear                                Act II, Scene iv, Line 190


Wow! And he’s talking about his daughter. Goneril has pretty much thrown him out, and he’s come to Regan expecting to be welcomed. However, Regan is suggesting that he go back and apologize to Goneril. To which he replies, My curses on her! Well that’s a pretty strong statement, especially considering that he’s speaking about his daughter.

Again, wow. 

 

This here guy in the green whatever-it-is was backing up traffic on one of my trips out to western Pennsylvania one afternoon. I wonder if I was saying to myself, 'My curses on him!' 

Nah, probably not.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...