Friday, June 18, 2021

 

To do them good, I would sustain some harm.

 

-Lady Grey    

King Henry the Sixth Part III         Act III, Scene ii, Line 39

 

Very interesting. Without getting into context, let me just apply the relevance of this line to my little world.

It seems that my associate, Jon, and his wife, Karen, welcomed two new heroes into the world yesterday. They are now parents of August and Otto. These two little fellows are their first children and my first grandsons.

Now, today’s line is Lady Grey’s answer to Henry’s question about her children, And would you not do much to do them good? It’s the obvious, usually unspoken, answer of a good mother. Or father. Or grandfather. To do them good, I would sustain some harm.

And so, it’s the perfect line for today. How random is that? 

And here's the happy dad (a pic from a few years back). 
Jon, you're going to be the best dad ever.

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   How lush and lusty the grass looks! How green!   Gonzalo The Tempest                      Act II,...