Sunday, May 1, 2022

 

Most honour’d Cleon, I must needs be gone;

 

-Pericles

Pericles, Prince of Tyre    Act III Scene iii, Line 1


I'm not sure where he needs be gone to, but Pericles is heading out somewhere or the other, and he leaves his baby girl Marina in the care of Cleon, the governor of Tarsus. A scene or two from now we will find Marina fully grown and living in a house of prostitution. So that should give you an idea of how good a job Cleon does taking care of Marina. Well, to be fair, it’s Cleon’s wife Dionyza who ends up being the baddy in this respect, and it’s jealousy that’s the driver.

That’s a pretty interesting name, Dionyza. I used the google and found a young lady with that name who sings. I wonder if her parents were Shakespeareans. If not, how did they come up with that name? Interesting.  

Anyway, here is Dionyza’s song I Told Myself. I thought it was pretty good.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dionyza&docid=608010414151574667&mid=B18E83AF26D0F8512E2FB18E83AF26D0F8512E2F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...