Saturday, April 30, 2022

 


Let us to the great supper: their cheer is the greater that I am subdued.

 

-Don John

Much Ado About Nothing          Act I Scene iii, Line 69

A thought occurred to me reading this: Don John seems to have been taking delight in the planning of misfortune for someone. We’ve seen this in many places with Will: Iago, Edmund, the list goes on. But I must say, this is a notion quite foreign to myself. I guess there are people that are very annoying to me (a certain neighbor comes to mind), and I may have wishes that they’d just go away and get out of my life, but I don’t think I’ve ever taken joy in planning ill fortune for them. And yet, I can think of other people in my life who may do just this.

Hmm, interesting.

 

Do you see these three arborvitae trees? We recently had them planted to increase the buffer between us and the guy on the other side of that white fence. Yes, he's annoying, but I don't sit around plotting his demise. I'd just prefer that he moved away. In the meantime - trees.  

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...