Monday, September 26, 2022

 


            Alas, she has no speech.

 -Desdemona

Othello                            Act II, Scene i, Line 103

Sometimes when I read Will’s stuff I feel like his writing is so far beyond my ability to understand all that’s packed in there. If you haven’t spent some time with his works, you probably can’t fully appreciate what it is that I’m talking about. On the other hand, if you have spent some time with it, you’d probably be nodding your head right now in understanding of what I’m saying. Anyway…

Today’s line is part of a conversation that’s going on between Cassio, Emilia, Desdemona, and Iago. I read part of it this morning so far, and the truth is that I don’t have the time this morning to spend with it that I would like to. Ahhh, how can that be. What could be more important that this? And it’s only one page. The problem is that there’s so much packed into that one page, and I feel like I’d need to see everything that he put there, if that’s even humanly possible. 

You know, it’s becoming more and more obvious to me what a genius, if that’s even the right word, Will was. Again, there are people out there who know what I’m talking about, and there are those who don’t. 

I think that most would say that I’m obsessed,

But some, who know, would know that I am blessed.


Oi, now I'm ending my blogpost with a rhyming couplet? Have I been doing this blog too long? Is it starting to affect me? 
Nah, that can't be.




 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...